Friday 10 July 2015

Savage Beauty

I went to see "Savage Beauty" at the V &A yesterday. Was blown away by Alexander McQueen's imagination and creativity. So much attention to detail and the use of extraordinary materials, all used in conjunction with exciting concepts and narratives.
If you haven't seen it do try. I think nearly all the tickets have gone but they are opening it up 24 hours a day towards the end. If you are not interested in fashion then you will enjoy the whole set design and theatricality of it.
There are some good little videos and articles on the V &A website HERE and if you don't know anything about Alexander McQueen then just google images of "Alexander McQueen Embroidery" and enjoy.
I have been doing a spot of my own homespun fashion design today and here is what I came up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment